Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Tourism Area 51

Seeing that I can't go to Area 51 myself, I'm to poor, I decided to let youtube do it for me. This is my second edit of this post where I have added a few more tourist videos of Area 51, I'll be continuously updating this post to present the best amateur Area 51 videos I can find, I sift through the rubbish so you don't have to.

These videos are home movie clips shot mostly by tourists playing chicken with the camo dudes at the gates of Area 51. Though I really want to see someone cross the line, I don't think we ever will, most either get to the warning signs and freak out a little and I've only seen one video of people actually going to the second lesser known gate. Those camo dudes must be trained to the teeth and must have a great supply of video tape and memory cards.

Newer videos will be added to the top.

If you'd like to contribute to this collection you can do so by adding vids, photos etc on Our Paranormal Boards.

Updated April 2008.

4 Wheeling fun near Area-51 warning signs.

UFOs, Area 51 Part 1 and 2.
Edited with a voice over and creepy music over amateur footage. Pretty informative, gives info on some of the other associated places and surrounding areas of Area 51 along with some brief history, they also show both gates to Area 51. Videos associated with the site Chasing Midnight.

Part 1.

Part 2.

My visit to Area 51 and New people arrive at Area 51 gate.
A brief explanation why a lot of these tourists don't cross the line along with the second video of more security guards showing up but safety in numbers as they meet some more Area 51 tourists.



AREA 51
This guy actually looks like someone from the x-files, he falls just short of the gates, though he does have am encounter of the supposed to be there kind.


Even closer to Area51 final
This guy makes it look easy.


As Close to Area 51 as You Will Ever Get
This is the first video that I saw and I really enjoyed it, it's pretty long but you pretty much get to journey along with the guy as he approaches the warning signs, he keeps a close eye on the camo dudes as well.


Area 51: Aerial Surveillance
A couple of guys take to the roads and skies to get a closer look at Area 51, they even get spot lighted by the camo guys at the more popular entrance.


Area 51 Perimeter
A couple driving up to the warning signs, but the video ends anticlimactically.


Groom Lake / Tikaboo Peak BBQ April 2007
A group of air traffic controllers on their annual trip to Las Vegas with a stop off at Area 51, oh and Mandy from Hooters. Really enjoyed this one, great music and it looked like so much fun. Here's their trip video from 2006.


Area 51 Trip 2001 and 2005
This guy is pretty daring, he gets circled by a pretty mean looking helicopter and even climbs a hill to get a better look at the camo dudes, looks like one pretty boring job those camo guys have. I think these two videos show just how close you can get without being hastled, I wonder if anyone else is willing to get closer.



Judging by the number of videos on youtube it seems like a pretty popular place to visit, though I didn't see any videos of people willing to cross the line, my theory is if a group of say 10,000 people went up there and decided to go it deeper there's not much the Area 51 people could do about it, a part from shoot every one I guess.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:54 AM

    Ugh, you deserve at least one real comment! I've been flying around Area51 in Google Earth and it has been fresh in my thoughts lately. Good job in researching out the videos! I really enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers for the comment, I'm always on the look out for more, there's already a couple gems in this list. These are probably as close as I'll ever get to Area 51, I'm just amazed at how many people go there. Lots of sites with holiday snaps of the place, I'll be added links to those when I got some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:21 PM

    Drove up to the poles today and the "camo dudes" gave me the international sign to "go away"....
    I then parked just off 375 by the junction with Groom Lake Rd and two SUV's with high radio masts came by me several times checking me out... These were not the same Pick-Ups the "camo dudes" use, but they were certainly security guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey visitors!

    You guys have to get out to Area 51 - the experience goes so far beyond just seeing some warning signs and cammo dudes! There is no real way to explain what you feel out there - it is always a memorable experience. We offer AREA 51 TOURS daily from Las Vegas - we're not some cheesy outfit that just feeds you some b.s. like other companies... we give you the REAL DEAL!

    Visit our website for more information: www.area51trips.com

    Coming up April 19 - 21, 2013 we are offering the ultimate AREA 51 EXPERIENCE: spend the weekend with top researchers, and have fun doing a SKYWATCH WITH BEN HANSEN (SyFy's Fact or Faked)... this will be an exclusive event with limited availability! Overnight in Rachel at the famous Little A'le'Inn and so much more. See you there!

    ReplyDelete