Thursday, August 23, 2007

Look to the Stars with Google Earth

If Google Earth didn't make me feel smaller than I am, now it makes me feel even smaller, in the grand scheme of things anyway.

I just stumbled upon this, maybe it's old news, but I've never been one to regularly update software. Google Earth now has a feature where you can look to the stars, I just updated the software and gave it a shot and it really does make ya feel tiny.

I think it uses images from NASA and other sources to let you look at any part of space you want, it works much the same as when looking at earth. I zoomed into a little bit of the sky that looked empty and when the image updated I found it wasn't empty at all and had various info points scattered throughout.

If your much of a star gazer I think you'd have hours of fun with this update.

Explore the sky in Google Earth 4.2

1 comment:

  1. It actually just came out yesterday, I also downloaded it, its great and you can't beat the price.

    ReplyDelete