Thursday, August 23, 2007

Enfield Poltergeist

Just finished watching a documentary about the Enfield Poltergeist which is said to be one of the most well known poltergeist events ever documented. I remember first reading about this from my big book of the paranormal when I was about 12 or so, it wasn't really an in depth read, just a blurb that went along with a photo, the photo was enough for me to steer clear from looking into it further, the kids in the picture looked terrified.

I really didn't want to watch the video because I had been pretty scared of that story since I was young and I've come to find in adulthood whenever I revisit something that affected me as a kid, well that magic gets lost.

The doco is pretty good, it includes a lot of people that were involved in the investigation including two of the children now all grown up, it also has a few photos and video recordings from the time and a good amount audio recordings, the audio is said to have come from the poltergeist who named himself Bill and was using one of the girls as a medium. The voice is really creepy

Interview with a Poltergeist


I don't know what to think really, the fact the children did play tricks on the investigators hurts the credibility of their story a lot, when it comes to the paranormal it's hard to bounce back from such a thing, any shred of doubt and you'll be dismissed by the debunkers all the time.

Well back to listening to some classic rock, this stuffs choice.

2 comments:

  1. I watched this documentary and I agree with you. Any little bit of doubt and it's hard to be taken seriously.

    I think they did a good job on it. Not sure if I believe it to be true, but still an interesting case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:50 PM

    I watched that too, it must have been shown all over the place.

    ReplyDelete