Friday, July 06, 2007

Ghost Hunting Equipment Wish List

In terms of Ghost Hunting Equipment I have very little, just a few cameras. I'd Like to have a few other gadgets, but for the most part I am only interested in the photography side of ghost hunting.

So here's a list of what equipment I do have, followed by a list of what I would like to have.

So first of the big boy, the FujiFilm FinePix S9500, 9.0 MeagPixels, 10.7 Optical Zoom, Super CCD something or other. If you know your photography, you'll know how to use this. I used to know what it all meant, but I lost a lot through out the years. You can use it as a standard point and shoot digital camera and the results are pretty good, set it to auto and forget, but if you want more control it has many options that you can play with for all sorts of situations, you can also set it to fully manual. It uses 4 Ni-MH AA rechargeable batteries and I've got to say that you must use this type of battery with it, they last so dang long, I can go 4 or 5 hard out sessions before I need to recharge.

For night time photography it's not the best, though I don't use the flash that much given some of the situations and I still get pretty good results. The flash is good and you can tweak its settings, it also has a hot shoe for an external flash, which is something I am interested in buying.

Still learning how to use it properly, the menu system is pretty shocking, but again if you set it to auto it's your typical point and shoot, but if you know what your doing you'll get the most out of it.

Your typical home video camera, pretty old, but the quality is pretty good. It's not even a digital video camera, good old VHS. The finepix camera above has a video mode which is pretty much the same as this and more convenient, computer wise.




2.1 MegaPixel, 16 levels Digital Zoom, basically my cell phone takes better shots than this. If your out side during the day it takes nice photos, any other situation it sucks, pretty buggy to.






My camera phone, it's pretty good in all situations, though not high quality photos and movies, it's very convenient.










Very compact tripod, just what I need to have if I ever see another UFO, wont get those shaky camera complaints if I capture one on video. Even though it can handle the first two cameras I would still like a bigger, more sturdier one.



I also have a webcam that I can be setup as a stationary camera to monitor whats going on, it's pretty good in low light, all I need now is a hefty laptop.

So that's what I have at the moment, here's what I would like to have

I guess camera wise I would like a basic manual 35mm SLR film camera, there are so many to choose from. The main reason for another camera is just to have the best of both worlds, digital and film, both come with their own pitfalls when it come to analyzing anything that maybe of a paranormal nature and there is much debate as to what is best for ghost hunting, this way you can cover both areas. Would probably want an external flash to go with these.

I would also like a good video camera that works well in low light with maybe night vision capabilities, I don't know to much about dedicated video cameras, but I do know that they come with Hard Drives these days which is cool, would probably have to have an excellent interface and on board editing as well.

A very sturdy tripod would have to go with these, just to reduce camera shake as much as possible with stationary cameras.

A laptop with a huge HD would be great for investigations, plus loads of memory cards, film and batteries.

Tape recorders just to try and get some EVPs.

Other ghost hunting equipment that I could probably do without, as I am mostly interested in photographing and filming the paranormal are Air Ion Counters, Infrared Thermal Scanners, Thermometers and EMF Detectors. Sure they may help me find hot spots, but then again I don't put to much weight into there uses as paranormal evidence.

One day I may own some of these ghost hunting gears, I'm really wanting some Night Vision, but until then I'm pretty happy with what I have especially my FinePix S9500.

No comments:

Post a Comment